Sunday 22 June 2008

Bugger

I'll have to do this one later, it's nearly bed time, and I've realised I didn't blog about the other bikes I rode recently - a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V, and Ducati Monster S4R, and Ducati Monster S2R1000.

In brief, the Guzzi was a bit disappointing, and surged a lot at low throttle. I preferred the 4V 1100 version, I think. The S4R was a revelation - went like a bat out of hell with the Testatretta (sp?) engine, and stopped very, very well. But it surged at low throtle as well (not as badly as the Guzzi), and it was so hard to resist being a hoon - just like the Tuono. Plus, I reckon the radiator and plumbing all looks, well, a bit naff. The S2R1000 was nice. Better clutch than the 800S2R demo, plenty of get up and go, could hoon, but didn't feel so much like I had to hoon... Braked well. I really liked it, and am considering it seriously. The small fuel tank (14l!!!) is a worry.

No comments: